Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 15 - Playground Illusion


Figuring I'd get some interesting shots at the local playground, I went there this afternoon with nothing particular in mind. I was looking more for angles and shapes, being motivated by so many of the other 30 Day Challenge participants. The covered slide was backlit, creating an eerie glow and the symmetry of the opening just grabbed my attention. I just love the way this turned out! It's almost an optical illusion!

16 comments:

Rhiannonsmommy said...

If you stare at it long enough, it looks three d. Like a ball. Love the colors.

Andromeda5000 said...

I really like this one. Very abstract.

Erik Hultgren said...

Wonderful abstract!

Kookaburra said...

I love this! On my favorites list for all of the galleries! The colors and lighting are wonderful.
-Kook

Anonymous said...

Love this! Is this a new playground? It doesn't look used ;)

Phildo said...

Very cool shot buff, it must be a fairly new playground as this hasn't been damaged or vandalized yet.

MyShutterBug said...

Great abstract, I see the ball too...good eye on this one!

Celia said...

OMG! What a cool shot! I love your post processing on this as well.

YMS said...

Totally marvellous shot!

kimbomac said...

This is totally rad! I love the delicate colours and the gradients in it, punctuated by all those shiny bolt heads. Very well spotted and a lovely result. Great job.

Ziaphra said...

Wow...looks very sci-fi/alien!

Julia said...

Wow - it looks like a stylized painting of an urban basketball. I love this one. It's so centered and perfectly proportioned. Hugqa!

MeLummy said...

This is awesome! Great find Buff!

Whalelight said...

This is just fantastic. The warm orange color against the metallic background, plus it's air of mystery. I love it, one of my faves :)

learn2swim96 said...

This is so beautiful. I love how the inside looks like it's painted. Really gorgeous shot.

BoC said...

Great find! Looks just like a basketball!