Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 17 - Antique Box


I was visiting a friend today.... camera with me as usual lately. She has an extensive collection of Asian accessories so I decided to take a picture of this antique box. I loved how the gold design seemed so rich and tried to capture it. I was able to arrive at a setting that allowed the table top to blend into the background.

7 comments:

MeLummy said...

Nice ad type shot. Nice job with the fade-away background.

Andromeda5000 said...

Nice capture. Really interesting little box.

kimbomac said...

Beautiful lighting and lovely even warth and colouring. A very mysterious box, to be sure. Nice work!

Julia said...

What an intriguing box! Very nice setting and framing. Makes me want to open it and find out what treasures are hidden inside. :)

p.s. - today's secret word is even cuter! Wozpuf! :)

Whalelight said...

Great job with the background and choice of subject :) Now I really am very curious to know what was in the box. Did you peek inside?

YMS said...

Very stately look to this! Nicely presented.

BUFFMUFIN said...

I didn't look inside the box, but it was very light in weight. (My friend was in another room on the phone while I took the pictures.) I'm assuming it was empty and just used for decorative purposes.