
Trying to sleep in this morning after my full day at Disneyland, followed by a mad dash attempt to upload a photo before the deadline last night, I was awakened by my husband, who'd gone out to get the newspaper, saying, "Quick! Go get your camera and check out the mushroom ring on the front lawn!" So I dutifully got up, threw on some clothes and went to check. On the front lawn was this little circle of 1" mushrooms, very delicate on long thin stems. I took about 20 shots from various angles and altitudes, but I liked the 'gear effect' of this one the best, so it gets posted for today! About two hours later, they were all curled up.
I have no idea what kind of mushrooms they were, and this was the first time we'd seen anything like them. What luck!
8 comments:
lol You dont like the name Frank hehee was husbands idea...and since he was so kind in letting me have him... i let him help in the name :D
Lovely Shrooms, where did you find these? Were they growing wild...very awesome find either way :)
What a nice hubby you have! Nice to see he's entering into the spirit of the challenge! Nice picture too.
Love the 'shrooms. Did you eat any?
Hope you got some rest after the day at D'Land!
Charlie
Great mushrooms and pretty shapes and colours! I think a bit of a curves adjustment would have brightened it up a bit and really made those little pinwheels pop! Awesome find and what a considerate husband you have!
At first I thought they were flowers ... I like how you captured the soft early morning light in this one.
You're lucky to have your husband helping to find interesting subjects. I must admit my family is handing ideas as I get along in the challenge as well ;) not that I can actually use them all but it feels good to be supported.
Hooray for Mr. Buff! He saved the day! :D Nice image, and lucky find!
I see your hubby is telling you what to shoot just like mines is....must be a man thing. Anyways I love the shrooms, they look so dainty. The photo seems a little dark though. Or is it my eyes again?
They're so daisy-like! Good on your husband.
Post a Comment