Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 13 - Moon Shot


I took this shot (along with about a dozen others) at 8:10 p.m., just as I was getting home. I'd hoped to get some pretty sunset pictures, but by the time I got the camera outside, the color had gone from what few clouds we had. I took these pics without a tripod, as I didn't want to lose any more time getting it and setting it up. I experimented and took the pics of the moon with and without tree framing, but I liked this one best. The tree is a liquidamber (sweet gum) and its pointy leaves make sort of a ghostly impression in their blurred state.

The only post-processing done was to remove noise from the photo and add the border. That little lumpy thing at the bottom of the moon was right there in all of the pictures. I'm surprised I didn't see the dark shadow of the 'back' of the moon, but maybe it was already too dark to see it.

12 comments:

Julia said...

pretty! 8:10 - wow, it gets dark early there.

MyShutterBug said...

Great shot! Nice framing with the trees. The moon really stands out.
Nice work!

YMS said...

That moon is a great capture popping out like that! Nice to get a dabbled look to the background even at night.

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning picture. I really like everything about it.

Phildo said...

Very beautiful buff!

Celia said...

Fabulous shot! Very spooky, in fact!

MeLummy said...

Awesome pic there Buff!
Great detail.

BerlinBear said...

Wow! Pretty shot. It does get dark early there. My sunset for today was taken at 8:38 pm.

kimbomac said...

A lovely shot. The leaves of the trees are pretty indistinct and make it seem like some strange clouds around. Very nice work, especially for a handheld shot!

dollyllama said...

Wow, so excellent!

BoC said...

Absolutely beautiful!

learn2swim96 said...

Beautiful shot, buff. Amazing detail in the moon.