Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 16 - Wall of Water


I took my camera with me when I went to pick up my take-out Chinese food. It wasn't quite ready so I sat outside the restaurant and took some pictures in the courtyard. I tried a variety of shutter speeds to catch the water as either flowing or stop-action. This was sort of in the middle since there was a break in the flow and I actually got some flow and some stop action.

It was almost dark, and I had to use my flash, thus the shadows on the fountain. Post processing consisted of some sharpening, and increases in saturation.

8 comments:

kimbomac said...

I love this one. The saturation is great and the movement in the water is lovely.

Ziaphra said...

Ooh, me likey!

Anmatta said...

Great shot, you captured the water very nicely. I think the flash was a good decision, as the fountain itself is lit very well.

Julia said...

Oh that's pretty. With it so cropped and close up it looks abstract. Beautiful color. I wouldn't have noticed the use of flash if you didn't say.

p.s. I have a really cute verification word today - hugqa! I think I'll start a new trend and use it as a compliment! This picture is SO hugqa! :)

YMS said...

Very nice water shot. I really like the curving water to the sides with the colours just showing.

MeLummy said...

Nice pic! I like the break in the water. Well done!

learn2swim96 said...

Gorgeous, the colors behind the water are fantastic.

BoC said...

I love water shots! Very nice!