
I set out today to go to our bird refuge to see about taking some heron or egret photos. Unfortunately the birds had other plans and weren't there. So I walked around for awhile. Near the road is a little freshwater pond that runs into our estuary. There was a dragonfly that kept hovering, then darting about. I had my telephoto lens on and decided to try to get a picture of it. I imagine the lady sitting across the road by the water's edge must have thought I was nuts with the wild aiming of my camera for about 10 minutes as I kept trying to capture the dragonfly as it darted about! I'm happy to say I got 4 or 5 good shots of it, this being one. I'm so grateful for digital!!
13 comments:
Spectacular! Very well done.
Wow! That's an awesome shot. And to catch him actually facing you...Wow! And it's so clear. Excellent job buff. I give you two thumbs up.:p
This turned out wonderful! Your comment about the digital advantage (taking way too many shots of the same bug) was the only thing that got my bee picture too. What a luxury to be able to select your favorite among 50 or more!
Over the years I've attempted to get dragonfly in flight shots like this one and failed every single time. This shot is incredible! Bravo!
Wow, great capture in mid-air. That's a tough shot!
This is very stunning. The out of focus background and the wonderful off-centre composition work well. Very nice job getting a moving tarket nice and sharp. Well done.
I thank goodness for digital every day! Those macro veggies of mine can sometimes run to over 100 images to get them right. Practise, practice, praktiss!
I really like how it is flying right at me. arttrainer
Wow, I read the description, and am still in awe that a pic like this can be captured. Amazing photo.
I'd say you are nuts for trying to capture a dragonfly in mid-air... but you've done a perfect job! Awesome shot, I think this one is really cool!
Amazing shot. You must have a lot of patience. On warm days I have them in my garden at the tiny pond we installed a few months ago. And I know they are very very hard to catch sitting down. I have not even considered trying mid-air :D
Incredible! You certainly had him zooming in on you.
I'm so late in commenting but had to come back to this gorgeous shot! I love dragonflies. This is so perfectly captured it's like he orchestrated it just for you. Lovely.
hfgoity! :D
Shot well taken, tack sharp, very tough to do. You've captured a gem here...nicely done!
Post a Comment