Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 25 - Early Morning Beach Cottage



I got out early this morning and walked around Balboa Island. Why is it some days you get lots of pics, and other days you just spin your wheels? Anyway, it was early, sky still gray, yet this front 'yard' of this beach cottage was colorful and homey.

Bonus: A few doors away from this cottage, something bright caught my eye on the ground. I looked down and saw a sad, broken flamingo whirligig. I thought of Suedre's flamingo and decided to take a pic of his less fortunate cousin.


8 comments:

Rhiannonsmommy said...

Ahahahhah this is to funny. I love it.

Andromeda5000 said...

Lovely picture. Looks like a postcard. I like the flamingo one too - good idea to include it.

kimbomac said...

I like that homely looking little deck. But what a shock to see a flamingo in such a state of disrepair! Too much partying the night before?

Phildo said...

Nice one buff, which I lived there! :)

Celia said...

Hi Buff! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. Been busy getting ready for my trip. Great photos....especially LOVE the sunset silhouette. I cant wait to see these places in person!
See you Monday! (You shouldn't be at a loss for pics to post that day!)

YMS said...

The cottage setting looks so inviting!
Great find: a flamingo cousin!

Julia said...

The top photo looks like it came straight from a home & garden magazine spread. So inviting! I love it. And the bonus is awesome. Never thought about what the inside of a pink flamingo would look like. :)

Anmatta said...

I like the photo of the porch (is that the right word?). It looks really cozy :)