Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 26 - Python!


I decided to follow those who have shown pictures of their pets. This is our ball python. She is usually sort of a slug, but tonight it was hard to get her to stay still. Maybe she didn't like sitting on black velvet. But, unfortunately she started to spread out from her ball position and I couldn't get all of her in the viewfinder. And no, her name is not Monty.

9 comments:

Andromeda5000 said...

You have a python as a pet!!!!????

The black and gold colour go well together and the border you've used goes very well too.

kimbomac said...

What a cool pet and it's a very magnificent specimen too. Lovely photography.

Anonymous said...

Oh ICK! I tried to like snakes. You can see the proof here: http://www.theboredzombie.com/images/randomcrap/susanandthesnake.jpg . I thought if I could touch one, I could let go of my unnatural fear/ickiness around them.

Didnt work. I still hate them. If it's a land animal and doesnt have hair or legs.. ICK! :)

The picture is lovely, it made me to the snake shutter, so it must be good! :)

Phildo said...

You have a Python? He he, probably no rodent problems in your house! ;)

YMS said...

Incredible pet! Very nice shots, beautiful colouring.

Julia said...

Wow. Great photo. You're brave to have a python for a pet!

MeLummy said...

Awesome!!!

What's the length and weight of her?

BUFFMUFIN said...

Ok, for those of you who have inquired.... the snake is a ball python, approximately 4 years old. We've had her for about three years, during which time she's almost doubled in length to a little over 3'. She only weighs about a pound or so, and at her widest, she's about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. She eats frozen, defrosted baby rats (no live food). She's very docile and is very happy to just lay around my son's shoulders as he's at his computer, or wrap herself around an arm if you're walking somewhere. She doesn't try to constrict, unless it's food, which she thinks she has to kill, even though it's already dead. In general, a very low maintenance pet.

Whalelight said...

Cool shot, love the patterns and the gold and black colors :) Cool pet, too!