Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 27 - Baby Seagull


Ok, ok, for those of you who got heebie-jeebies from the snake, here's something a bit more tame. A baby seagull. We don't usually see these. I don't know where they hide around here until they're almost grown up, but my neighbor and I were walking around Balboa when she pointed out two baby seagulls, standing in the sand near water's edge. People were out strolling on the sidewalk, and the tide was high, leaving little sand between the sidewalk and the water, and here stood these two little birds. Well, actually they weren't that little, but just very immature. Their feathers hadn't even come in fully yet (see head and neck areas). They didn't even try to walk/run/fly away as we stood there taking pictures of them.

5 comments:

Andromeda5000 said...

Perfect capture! It's lovely.

kimbomac said...

I don't think I have ever seen one so young either. He really does look like a ball of fluff. Very nice work.

Anmatta said...

I didn't even know baby seagulls looked like that. Nice shot!

Phildo said...

Baby birds are amazing! Nice find buff! :)

YMS said...

Great pose and shot! He looks confident and juvenile at the same time.